Today's recipe is Bread and Butter pudding! This is something that The Urban Canteen has made for years and now he's recreated this delicious recipe using our gorgeous vegan Panettone.
So today the Vegan Xmas gang are bringing you this delicious Chocolate and hazelnut B & B pudding.
Super decadent, a great dessert to make for a larger group and super easy.
Let's get into the details-
• 5 Mindful bites mini chocolate veganettone
•Mindful bites chocolate & hazelnut spread
• 600ml plant based double cream
•200ml plant based milk
•2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
•50g dark chocolate
•handful of hazelnuts chopped
• 2 Tbsp cornflour
• 2 Tbsp Cocoa/Cacao powder
• Preheat your oven to 180°c.
• Put the milk, cream, maple syrup and cocoa powder into a pan and bring gently to a simmer, whisking continuously. Drop in your chocolate and stir until melted.
• Dilute your cornflour with a little cold water and mix so you have a milk like consistency,
• Gradually add the cornflour to your hot cream and whisk until you see it start to thicken. Don't be too quick with this step, if you add too much too quickly, it can get very thick. You want a consistency of custard.
• Once done, set aside, put a lid on, cover with clingfilm or baking parchment so it doesn't form a skin.
• Meanwhile slice the mini veganettone straight down, into 4 slices. Spread the chocolate and hazelnut spread on both sides of each slice. Now make layers in your dish/ roasting tray. Do one layer of chocolate covered yeganettone, then pour over some of your chocolate custard. Then do another layer of chocolate covered veganettone, then custard on top again. Repeat as many time as you can until your dish is full. Keep any custard remaining, to top at the end if you wish.
• Place in the oven for approximately 15 minutes, until the custard is bubbling and the top is crunchy.
• Top with some chopped hazelnuts and serve immediately. Pour over excess custard if you wish.