Today the The Urban Canteen and the Xmas Vegan Gang are bringing you another way to use our delicious Vegan Panettone. Say Hello to this Chocolate Veganettone Tiramisu Cake!
This is a dessert that can be adapted quite easily, depending on how strong you like the coffee flavour, or if you like a bit more chocolate. You can literally change it to suit your personal taste.
•1 Classic Mindful Bites Vegan Panettone
• 300 ml plant based double cream
• 2 x 350g Silken tofu
• 4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
• 4 tsp Vanilla extract
• 2 Tbsp Icing sugar
• Cocoa powder
• Dark chocolate (optional)
•Depending on the size and shape of your dish, you will need to slice the Veganettone into 1 inch thick slices, try to keep as big pieces as possible.
• Time to make coffee! This needs to be strong, stronger than you would drink, as you want the flavour to come through. In one cup of boiling water I used two tablespoons of instant coffee. The Panettone has such strong flavours, with the spices and fruit, so if the coffee is weak, you
will not taste it.
• Once you have made up the coffee, brush it on your panettone. Usually you would dunk your biscuit fingers into the coffee, but because the panettone is much softer, it will get too mushy if you do this. Brush your coffee over the panettone, both sides and leave to dry a little whilst you make the cream layer. You can repeat the coffee brushing process a couple of times if you wish, for a stronger flavour.
•Place your tofu into a blender with your maple syrup and 3 tsp of vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
•Put the other tsp of vanilla extract and the icing sugar into your cream, and whip until stiff. (do not over whip).
•Now pour your tofu mix into your cream mix and fold gently through using a spatula.
• Now it is time to start layering up. Start with one layer of your coffee soaked panettone in the bottom of your dish. Then a layer of the cream mix. If you want to sprinkle over some dark chocolate onto your cream you can. Then repeat the process with the next layer of panettone, then cream, all the way to the top, finishing with a cream layer on top.Then using a sieve, sprinkle over a layer cocoa powder. Refrigerate for 1 hour then serve.