So it's time for a classic biscuit today in the form of shortbread. But obviously with a Mindful Bites Choc Spread twist. So The Urban Canteen has put some orange zest through the shortbread and filled them with our Dark Chocolate & Hazelnut Spread.
Shortbread is a super easy biscuit to knock up and is great for adding other flavours to.
Give them a go and let me know what you think.
• 2½ cups of Plain flour
• ¾ cup of Icing sugar
• 1¼ cups of vegan butter
• 1 tspn vanilla extract
• zest of 1 orange
• Mindful bites dark chocolate and hazelnut spread
. Preheat the oven to 165°c.
• In a large bowl mix the flour and icing sugar together. Place in the butter, zest and vanilla and rub together until you have sandy breadcrumbs. Squeeze together and keep pushing until a dough forms.
• Get a large piece of parchment and fold in half. Open it up again, place your pastry on one half, fold the other piece on top of the pastry and roll out the dough until it is about a cm thick. Use a cutter to cut out a cookie. I used one about 5cm ring.
• Place onto a tray and bake for around 12-15minutes. You want them so they have a golden colour on the bottom but not coloured on top.
• Leave to cool.
• Once cooled spread a generous dollop of dark chocolate and hazelnut spread on the inside of one, sandwich it together with another biscuit and enjoy.