How about making your own Filo spiced fruit parcels.
The Urban Canteen takes us through this really simple, super tasty and unbelievably festive recipe.
The Vegan Xmas gang are still going strong bringing you festive recipes up until the big day.
Filled with dried fruits, fresh fruit and our
Dark Chocolate & Hazelnut Spread, there is something for everyone with these.
Find this recipe with all the others from December, in the vegan festive guide on my main feed.
• 1 cup of sultanas
• ½ cup of dried cranberries
. 1 cup of chopped walnuts
• zest and juice of 1 orange
• 1 tsp of all spice
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• 1 cardamon pod-crushed
• 1 clove - crushed • 1 tbsp Mindful bites
1 tbsp Maple syrup
· Filo pastry
• 1 tbsp coconut oil
. Preheat your oven to 180°C.
• In a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except for the coconut oil and filo pastry. Get yourself a little muffin tray. Cut your filo pastry into squares approximately 8cm x 8cm.
• Depending on how quickly you work, put the rest of your filo pastry underneath a damp clean j-cloth so it doesn't dry out.
• Melt your coconut oil in a bowl. Place your squares on a table, for 12 parcels you will need 36 squares (3 squares per parcel). • With your squares laid out, brush some coconut oil over the pastry. Now place one square on top of another at a slightly different angle, then do it again with a third square. You should now have little piles of squares, three in a pile. Push each set into the insert of your muffin tray so it creates a little bowl/nest.
• Spoon in some of your mix into each nest. Now place the tray in the oven for approximately 12 minutes until the pastry is a lovely golden colour. Leave like this or top with some icing sugar and serve.