'Well fill me with gingerbread and call me Kris Kringle' - The Urban Canteen
What a great way to start the day today.
Gingerbread & Almond biscotti overnight oats from the Vegan Xmas gang today.
Not only is our almond biscotti absolutely delicious and vegan, it's also super versatile. So why not throw it on your oats in the morning to add some amazing crunch.
These gingerbread oats are just a hug in a bowl........and who doesn't love a hug!!!
Give it an go and tag us @mindfulbitesuk and @theurbanccanteen in your creations. #veganxmasgang
• 2 cups of oats
• 1 cup of coconut water
•1 tbspn yoghurt
•1 tbsp of Maple syrup
•2 tsp ground ginger
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• ½tsp ground allspice
• ½tsp nutmeg
• 2 cloves & 1 cardamon pod ground up into a powder
• Mindful bites Almond Biscotti
Plus your favourite toppings- nut butter, berries, yoghurt etc
• Add all of the spices to a bowl and mix together.
•Now add your oats and stir well, so that all of the oats are coated in the spices
• Add the rest of the ingredients apart from the Almond biscotti. Mix well, it is ok if the mix seems very thin, this will thicken in the fridge.
•Place in the fridge overnight and revisit in the morning
• Put some Almond biscotti into a bowl, zip lock bag or tea towel and bash up into crumbs.
• Remove the oats from the fridge, put it into a bowl, top with the crushed up biscotti and any other topping and serve!