DAY 5 The Vegan Xmas gang...
With only 2 Saturday left until Christmas ourselves and the talented The Urban Canteen present to you this delicious Pear and chocolate Galette.
A very simple dessert to make, but looks super impressive sat on the middle of your table.
Lovely flakey puff pastry with a layer of our silky smooth Chocolate & Hazelnut Spread, topped with and orange spiced pear.
Fancy making this delicious recipe then bookmark this post, so you can give this go.
• Roll out vegan pastry
• 3 pears
• Mindful Bites Dark Chocolate & Hazelnut spread
• 1 orange
• pinch of cinnamon
• 1 Tbsp of light brown sugar (extra for a sprinkle over the top)
• Tbsp of melted coconut oil
• Vegan ice cream, custard or cream to serve
• Preheat the oven to 200°c.
• Cut your pears into quarters, so you have 4 wedges from each pear. Cut the centre part from each wedge so there is no core or pips. Cut each wedge into 3, so you now have nice slices,
• In a bowl, squeeze the juice from your orange, then put in your cinnamon and light brown sugar and give it a stir
• Put in your pears slices and gently stir so each slice is covered in the mix.
• Lay out your vegan puff pastry flat on the table.
• Use a pan or a cake tin as a guide to cut around, cut it an inch bigger around than your tin. Then lay a piece of baking parchment in the bottom of that pan. Place your pastry in the bottom, the pasty should go up the sides, as it is bigger than the tin.
• Spread a thin layer of Dark Chocolate & Hazelnut spread on the base of the pastry round.
• Now lay in your pear slices in what ever pattern or way you like, I went with a spiral. Now fold over the pastry edges to form a little crust around the edge of your galette.
• Brush over some melted coconut oil around the edges.
• Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the crust has gone a deep golden brown and the juices in the pears are bubbling.
• Allow to cool for 10 minutes, remove from the pan, drizzle with a little more dark chocolate and hazelnut spread and served with an accompaniment of your choice......you can't beat ice cream though night!!!!