- 3 large ripe bananas (about 300g)
- 75g sunflower or olive oil
- 100g coconut or brown sugar
- 2 oranges, zested
- 225g self-raising flour (or use plain flour with a total of 3 large tsp baking powder)
- 2 large tsp baking powder
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 orange, zested
- 2 tsp water
- To decorate:
- 1 orange, sliced
- 2 tbsp granola or seeds, optional
- Mindful Bites Choc Spread (for spreading on slice)
1. Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and line a baking loaf tin with parchment paper.
2. Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl and stir in the sunflower/olive oil, sugar and orange zest.
3. Fold in the flour and baking powder and stir to combine. Pour into the lined loaf tin.
4. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Cover the loaf with some foil if it is starting to darken on top.
5. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack and cooling fully.
6. Make the topping by stirring together all the ingredients to a thick glaze.
7. Pour the glaze over the cooled cake and decorate with the orange slices and granola or seeds, if using. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
8. Cut yourself a slice and spread or slather some creamy Chocolate Hazelnut spread all over. Enjoy ;)
For more delicious recipes from Amy head over to: https://nourishingamy.com/