Our awesome friend Nourishing Amy has created yet another incredible recipe using our Chocolate & Hazelnut spread!
Rich and chocolatey, this triple chocolate banana bread is a one-bowl recipe with simple ingredients and lots of chocolate. Naturally vegan and gluten-free, this cake is special enough to be a showstopper.
- 240g (or 1 1/3 cup) GF flour blend
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 50g cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- A pinch of salt
- 2 large ripe bananas, about 200g
- 100ml plant-based milk
- 75g sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 100g coconut or caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 70g +30g chocolate chips
- Chocolate Frosting:
- 75g vegan butter
- 20g cacao powder
- 120g icing sugar
- 1 tsp plant-based milk
- To serve: chocolate chips or chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 180Fan/160*C and line and grease a loaf tin.
2. Place the flour, arrowroot powder or cornstarch, cacao powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl and stir together.
3. In a second bowl, mash the bananas and stir in the oil, milk, apple cider vinegar or lemon juice, sugar and vanilla.
4. Pour the wet mix over the fry and stir to combine. Do not overmix. Fold in 70g of the chocolate chips.
5. Pour the batter into a loaf tin. Bake for 40-50 minutes until risen, firm to touch and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool in the for 10 minutes before removing and allowing to cool fully on a wire rack.
7. To make the frosting, add all the ingredients to a bowl and stir together until thick and creamy. Place in the fridge while the cake cools.
8. Spread the frosting over the cooled cake and decorate with extra 30g chocolate. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days – store in the fridge if it is warm.