Another The Urban Canteen recipe that literally has us salivating!
Vegan donuts are on the menu this morning filled with gooey vegan Chocolate & Hazelnut Spread 🤤
These are surprisingly simple to master, but the biggest trick to master is....can you eat them without licking your lips???? It's impossible!!😂
Fancy giving these a go? Here's the deets-
• 250g Plain flour
• 1½ tsp baking powder
• 50g plant based butter
• 120ml plant based milk
• 1.5 litres of Sunflower oil
• pinch of salt
• 50g caster sugar
• Mindful bites Chocolate & hazelnut spread
• Cup full of sugar & spoon of cinnamon to coat the donuts in (put in as much cinnamon as you like). Mix it together.
• Melt the margarine, milk and 2 tablespoons of the sunflower oil in a small pan over a medium heat. Meanwhile, put the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the middle, then tip in the melted mixture.
• Gently bring the mixture together with a fork or spoon until it forms a wet, thick dough, then divide and roll into small balls. I got around 12.
• Heat the remaining sunflower oil in a medium-sized deep pan over a high heat. To test if the oil is hot enough, drop a piece of bread into the pan - if the bread floats to the surface, and turns golden, it's about right. Reduce to a medium heat, then use a slotted spoon to carefully lower four or five dough balls into the hot oil. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden, cooked through and they've floated to the surface. I like to keep rotating mine so they cook evenly.
• Remove from the oil onto some kitchen towel for a minute. Then roll straight into your cinnamon sugar and coat well.
•Now let them cool down
• Make a hole in the side of the donut with a skewer, deep enough to reach the centre of the donut. Now put some chocolate and hazelnut spread into a piping bag and pipe into the centre until it comes out of the hole.