Vegan Nutella Doughnuts
We've teamed up with La Belle Assiette, a premium private chef dining platform, to give you high quality recipes that are super easy to make at home.
This mouth watering vegan treat was created by a
- 50 g dairy-free margarine
- 120 ml organic soya milk
- 1.5 litres sunflower oil
- 250 g plain flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 100 g caster sugar (to be split in half)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tub of Mindful Bites Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- Melt the margarine, soya milk and 2 tablespoons of the sunflower oil in a small pan over a medium heat. Meanwhile, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and half the sugar (50g) in a large bowl. Make a well in the middle, then tip in the melted mixture.
- Gradually bring the mixture together with a fork until it forms a wet, thick dough, then divide and roll into 20 golf-ball sized balls.
- Heat the remaining sunflower oil in a medium-sized deep pan over a high heat. To test if the oil is hot enough, drop a piece of bread into the pan – if the bread floats to the surface, sizzles and turns golden, it’s about right. Reduce the heat to medium, then use a slotted spoon to carefully lower six dough balls into the hot oil. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden, cooked through and they’ve floated to the surface, turning occasionally.
- Whilst the doughnuts are cooking mix the remaining 50g of sugar with the cinnamon to create a cinnamon sugar.
- Transfer the cooked doughnuts to a double layer of kitchen paper to drain. Allow to cool for a few minutes, roll in the cinnamon sugar to coat, then place on a tray. Repeat with the remaining dough balls.
- Once the donuts have cooled a bite, using a small sharp knife to poke a hole in the top of your doughnuts and work it around so the Nutella has somewhere to go (being careful not to poke all the way through).
- Fill a pastry bag with a round tip with Chocolate Hazelnut Spread, get the tip all the way inside the doughnut and slowly fill it up.
More from Philippa here: https://labelleassiette.co.uk/philippa-denton